Senior Aid Ageing Supplement contains the essential daily nutrients plus supplemental nutrients that older dogs either have an increased requirement for or do not produce sufficiently for themselves. As dogs get older the quality of their dietary intake may vary for several reasons, among them illness and reduced appetite. Senior Aid has been scientifically formulated to ensure its key ingredients play their own individual roles in helping to slow the ageing process.
Available as 250ml.
Senior Aid Ageing Supplement contains essential and supplemental nutrients that older dogs either have an increased requirement for or do not produce sufficiently for themselves. Senior Aid has been scientifically formulated to ensure its key ingredients play their roles in helping to slow the ageing process.
The first sign of an aging dog is a general decrease in activity, including a tendency to sleep longer and more soundly, a waning of enthusiasm for long walks or games of catch, and a loss of interest in its surroundings. Skin and coat change too, as the skin loses pliability and the capacity of the oil-producing sebaceous glands diminishes. As aging advances, the heart, liver, and kidneys lose their efficiency and the immune system is less able to fight off attacks by bacteria and viruses. Old age also has a significant effect on brain function, which can be boosted with adequate nutritional intake. It is recommended to give a supplement before signs of old age appear.
How does Senior Aid Work?
The supplemental nutrients in Senior Aid address specific issues of concern in older pets:
- The product contains phosphatidylserine which protects neurons from age related degeneration and contains potent antioxidant Vitamin E. The brain is particularly susceptible to free radical damage due to its high rate of oxidative metabolism, high lipid content and limited regenerative ability. Senior Aid contains high levels of B Vitamins which are co-factors in the synthesis of neurotransmitters thus helping in cases of cognitive dysfunction.
- To enhance the immune system, Beta Glucans are included in Senior Aid . Beta Glucan acts on peyer’s patches to increase production of killer t-cells.
- The product contains maintenance levels of glucosamine, chondroitin and Omega 3 fatty acids to ensure joint mobility and enhance production of new cartilage.
- Senior Aid contains L-Carnitine which is required for efficient function of cardiac and skeletal muscle and shown to be deficient in older dogs.
- Senior Aid contains essential fatty acids (Omega 3 & 6) plus L-Arginine which helps inhibit lipolysis and muscle protein degenerative associated with cachexia. Therefore, the product is a suitable adjunct to chemotherapy treatment.
- For cats, Senior Aid contains L-Taurine, an amino acid essential for retinal function and shown to be deficient in some older cats.
Available in 250 ml.
|Up to 5 kg||2,5 ml (1 pump)|
|5-10 kg||5 ml (2 pumps)|
|10-20 kg||10 ml (4 pumps)|
|Over 20 kg||15 ml (5 pumps)|
Store in a cool, dry place between 15-25°C. Keep out of direct sunlight.
For more information, feel free to contact us.
Ingredients (per 10 ml): Glucosamin HCL 300 mg, Omega 3 fatty acids 125 mg, Chondroitin Sulphate 120 mg, Phosphatidylserine 100 mg, Cysteine 200 mg, Beta Glucan 10 mg, Thiamine HCL 0.4 mg, Riboflavin 1.44 mg, Niacin (Niacinamide) 5.6 mg, L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 100 mg, Dl-Methionine 125 mg, L-Arginine 150 mg, Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalmin) 0.032 mg, Vitamin B6 0.4 mg, Vitamin E 28.8 iu
Pour product over the pet’s food.
There are no reviews yet.