Omega Aid is a feed supplement that helps to promote healthy skin and coat in cats and dogs. Omega Aid is ideal for pets with dull or poor coats, or ‘scratchy’ skin.
Omega Aid is a complementary feed designed to aid in the management of various skin conditions in cats and dogs. Omega Aid provides a high concentration of Omega 3 (EPA+DHA), together with Omega 6 Evening Primrose Oil (containing GLA). Also included are Vitamin A, D, E Biotin and Zinc, all of which are essential for skin and coat maintenance and repair. Omega Aid corrects dietary fatty acid imbalances ensuring the supply of the correct nutrients to maintain a healthy skin and coats in cats and dogs.
How Does Omega Aid Work?
It works in three ways:
- Corrects Omega 6 : Omega 3 fatty acid ratio by increasing significantly the intake of Omega 3 fatty acids
- Reduces inflammation in the skin by increasing the Omega 3 levels in skin cell membranes
- Reduces the inflammatory reaction, therefore breaking the cycle of irritation which exacerbates skin problems
Omega Aid actually changes the profile of the cell membranes which can take several weeks, but once corrected continued use of the product will have long term benefits. Studies indicate that adding combinations of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids to the diets of cats and dogs, result in significant reduction of erythema, pruritus and inflammation.
Skin Irritation Management
Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids play an important role in the inflammatory process. Inflammation in the body is caused by the release of inflammatory mediators (e.g: prostaglandins and leukotrienes) the substrates of which are Essential Fatty Acids.
- Inflammatory mediators derived with Omega 6 fatty acids cause very aggressive reactions such as intense pruritus, red skin, irritation and itchiness.
- Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids compete for the same enzyme system in order to produce the inflammatory mediators. Therefore, if we can influence the balance of Omega 6 and Omega 3 fatty acids in favour of Omega 3’s in the diet, we can
almost ‘switch off’ the allergic response.
- As today’s pet diets are high in Omega 6 fatty acids, to correct the balance there must be an increased intake of Omega 3 fatty acids. The levels can be corrected by using the product.
Omega Aid breaks the cycle of irritation:
|Cats and dogs 0-10 kg
|Dogs 10-20 kg
|Dogs 20-30 kg
|Dogs over 30 kg
Omega Aid is aniseed flavoured making it easy to give and this allows it to be absorbed quickly.
For even more product information, please click here.